Online News. Community Views.

>> Download <<
The Batavian Mobile
Droid | iPhone

Recent comments

Site Sponsors

November 9, 2012 - 4:12pm

Electrical fire in panel box inside Salvation Army

posted by Billie Owens in batavia, fire.

An electrical fire is reported in a storage room in the back of the Salvation Army Thrift Store, located at 96 Jackson St. The fire is said to be inside an electrical panel box. City firefighters are on scene but report nothing showing.

UPDATE 4:15 p.m.: A fire chief says there is an odor of smoke coming from the panel box and he requests that National Grid be notified of the problem.

UPDATE 4:17 p.m.: The power company has been notified. No ETA given.

UPDATE 4:25 p.m.: National Grid says a rep will be there in about 10 minutes.

UPDATE 4:28 p.m.: An electrician will need to be called in. The circuit breakers are completely burned, according to the chief. The power is shut down.

Post new comment

Log in or register to post comments

Calendar

S M T W T F S
 
 
 
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
31
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Copyright © 2008-2014 The Batavian. Some Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
Original content available for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons license.
Contact: Howard Owens, publisher (howard (at) the batavian dot com); (585) 250-4118

blue button