Batavia Area Steering Committee holds public meeting to discuss redevelopment
The Batavia Area Steering Committee invites residents to attend a public meeting to discuss the concepts and findings of four strategic sites within the redevelopment project area.
It will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m., Monday July 29 at the Board Room at Batavia City Hall.
The purpose of the redevelopment project is to revitalize underutilized, vacant, abandoned and contaminated properties.
The five strategic sites are:
- Della Penna area at 40-52 Ellicott St.
- City Centre & the Medical Corridor along Main Street
- Tonawanda creekside area behind courthouse, and other trails / recreation areas
- Industrial / mixed-use area between Harvester Avenue and Swan Street
- The Carr's Warehouse Building (project under way)
For questions, etc., contact City Manager Jason Molina at 345-6330 or via e-mail at <www.batavianewyork.com>