Batavia PD seeking to fill police officer positions, deadline to apply is Oct. 6
Batavia Police Recruitment Initiative – Civil Service Exam Notice
The Batavia Police Department is looking for qualified candidates to fill open police officer positions. An open competitive examination is being offered by the Genesee County Human Resources Department on Nov. 14.
Benefits include: Salary -- $41,147 to $60,462 per year (2015), Paid Time Off, Health Insurance and NYS Retirement.
Applications and fees must be turned in to the Genesee County Human Resources Department located in County Building 1, 15 Main St., Batavia, NY 14020 before Oct. 7.
- Candidates must be legal residents of Genesee County or of a county contiguous to Genesee County for at least two (2) months immediately preceding the date of examination and continue their residency through the period leading to their initial appointment. Candidates may be required to indicate, at the time of consideration for appointment, that they will become a resident of the locality in accordance with conditions authorized by local law or ordinance.
- Graduation from high school or possession of an appropriate equivalency diploma recognized by the NYS Department of Education and completion of a minimum of 60 college credit hours from an accredited college or university. Exceptions: 30 college credits may be waived, if the candidate has EITHER: received an Honorable Discharge from the United States military after two years of active military service, OR successfully completed a Certified Police Officer Training Course approved by, or equivalent to a course approved by, the New York State Municipal Police Training council. A certified Peace Officer Training course does not qualify. 60 college credits may be waived, if candidate has: received an Honorable Discharge from the United States military after 4 years of active military service, OR received an Honorable Discharge from the United States military after 2 years of active military service, AND; completed 4 years of Reserve Duty in the United States military.
- At least 19 years of age on or before 11/14/15 but not over 35 years of age unless certain military provisions apply.
- Ability to pass an appropriate medical and physical agility examination as set forth by the Municipal Police Training Council.
- Valid NY State driver’s license.
- U.S. Citizen
Conviction of felony will bar appointment, and conviction of a misdemeanor or other offense may bar appointment.
For further information, interested candidates should contact the Genesee County Human Resources Department at (585) 344-2550, ext. 2221, or go to http://www.co.genesee.ny.us/departments/humanresources/departments/humanresources2/policeofficeroc67419.html