This is a one year, 12-15 hour per week, contracted position supported by grant funding. The Development Assistant is responsible for administrative aspects of development and public relations activities. This position plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Community Center and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events.
· Minimum Associate's degree or experience in a related field.
· Experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Database management
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Ability to organize and prioritize work
· Ability to work independently with little supervision
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
Send resume and cover letter to: Gillam-Grant Community Center,
Attn: Peggy Swapceinski, 6966 West Bergen Rd., Bergen NY 14416.
No inquiry calls, please.