Batavia Rotary Club Recognizes Five Paul Harris Fellows
The Paul Harris Society is named after Paul P. Harris, founder of Rotary International. Paul Harris
formed the world’s first service club, the Rotary Club of Chicago, on 23 February 1905. His intention was to recapture in a professional club the same friendly spirit he had felt in the small towns of his
youth. Today, Paul Harris Society contributions to The Rotary Foundation support a wide range of humanitarian grants and educational programs that enable Rotarians to bring hope and promote
international understanding throughout the world. Donors of US $1,000 or more to the Annual Programs Fund, PolioPlus, or the Humanitarian Grants Program, or people who have that amount contributed in their name, can be recognized as Paul Harris Fellows. Each new Paul Harris Fellow receives a commemorative certificate and a pin.
The Batavia Rotary Club is recognizing the following as Paul Harris Fellows for their generous financial support of PolioPlus:
Dr. Lalit Jain
Dr Michael Kubinic, DDS
David Metzler, Esq.
The Batavia Rotary Club’s PolioPlus 2009 campaign was co-chaired by Ed Leising and Ray Shirtz. The goal of 90% Club participation and $10,000 was easily met though Ed and Ray’s dedication to the program. More than $16,000 was raised and all but three Club members contributed to the campaign. Batavia Rotary Club Awards 5 Paul Harris Fellows