Support the quality program activities, perform laboratory analyses with documentation, and manage laboratory areas and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain laboratory and associated areas in an orderly and clean manner.
- Perform sampling of raw milk, in-process, or finished products for analyses.
- Perform chemical, physical, and microbiological testing of in-process and finished products.
- Complete lab analytical testing records and monitor records for compliance / trending.
- Report non-compliant laboratory analytical testing results to the QA Manager (Plant Manager).
- Maintain laboratory records in a timely, accurate, and legible manner following laboratory best practices.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory instrumentation per vendor recommendations and/or laboratory best practices.
- Performing preventive maintenance, function verification and quality control tasks.
- Wash lab utensils and glassware.
- Receive, stock and inventory lab supplies and reagents.
- Prepare and stock reagents and media.
- Prepare labeling of testing analysis samples to testing laboratories.
- Inventory Control Management ( Micro Supplies, Chemical Supplies for receiving lab and Upstairs Lab)
- Documentation Control – Record Retention- Sample Retention
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Quality Program Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with the FDA Good Manufacturing Practices and Pasteurized Milk Ordinance requirements for plant and laboratory operation.
- Follow all DFA GMP’s in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
- Aseptically complete weekly environmental surveillance sampling for Salmonella and Listeria per Corporate QA & C program. Submit samples to Chestnut Labs for analysis. Manage documentation for program. Communicate weekly with management.
- Complete weekly food contact sampling via Redi-swabs and ATP Submit Redi-swab samples to Goshen for analysis. Manage documentation for program. Communicate weekly with Quality Manager.
- Complete monthly Air Monitoring sampling and manage documentation for program. Request air plates from Goshen QC Lab on a monthly basis. Communicate monthly with Quality Manager.
- Organize and perform data entry of PEM program COA’s, Finished goods – powder results of COA’s micro results and other records as requested on SAP system.
- Support Quality Plan Requirements, and HACCP Program, assist in the monitoring of CQP‘s in facility. Report to QA Manager.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in safeguarding customer, company, and vendor and employee information.
- Responsible for the attainment of plant goals and objectives.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers, vendors, employees and peers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- 2-4 year applied science degree in food science, dairy science or applied discipline, preferred.
- 1 year minimum of food or pharmaceutical manufacturing quality assurance or laboratory experience.
- Ability to learn and apply Good Manufacturing Practices, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance program, and Laboratory Best Practices to daily job performance.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Good record keeping skills, manage task completion to a defined timeline, demonstrate ability to complete analyses and documentation with accuracy.
- Must be able to use plant equipment, laboratory apparatus and office automation equipment.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America.
Apply online: www.dfamilk.com/careers