Batavia High School's sixth annual Mr. Batavia contest is Friday, March 23rd, at 7 p.m. in the school auditorium. Contestants have been in rehearsals for weeks for the annual event.
Here are this year's contestants and their charities of choice:
- Nicholas Neid – Salvation Army
- Chase Monachino – Catholic Charities
- Brandon Buck – Batavia VA
- Valentino Zinni – Volunteers for Animals
- Jon Liciaga – Anna’s Wish
- Cameron Hardy – Genesee Cancer Assistance
- Nate Loria – Habitat for Humanity
- John Kindig – Alzheimer’s Association of WNY
- Julio Vazquez – Michael Napoleon Foundation
- Joe Marchese – Crossroads House
- Evan Bellavia – Lifetime Care, Home Healthcare and Hospice
- Anand Patel -- Golisano's Children's Hospital
Previous winners are: Jon Currier (2017), Ross Chua (2016), Jordan Fluker (2015), Spencer Hubbard (2014), Lee Johnson (2013).
A total of $4,646 was raised last year and split among the top three winners.
"Every year we have raised more and we hope to surpass this amount again," said advisor Lisa Robinson.
Categories are group dance, talent, swim walk, lip sync, tux walk and question to answer and local Batavia members from the community will be judges.
Sponsors: Charles Men Shop, Reed Eye; shirts in the picture from Extreme Streetwear. Hosts: Paige Wasilewski, Lauren Leone and Michal (Mikey) Lullo.
Tickets are available starting next Monday, March 19th: $7 for adults and $5 for students at Batavia High School; also available during school lunches and at the door the day of the event. Get your tickets early as they sold out last year.