All aboard! Thomas the Tank Engine invites little engineers to go full steam ahead for a weekend of engaging activities and fun adventures at Day Out With Thomas: The Steam Team Tour 2019. Children are invited to spend the day with their friend Thomas when the #1 Engine pulls into Medina on May 17. Day Out With Thomas: The Steam Team Tour 2019 is presented by Mattel.
Day Out With Thomas is a fun-filled event that provides children of all ages the opportunity to climb aboard and take a ride with Thomas as well as participate in Thomas & FriendsTM themed activities.
The tour, now in its 24th year, will make 37 stops across the United States and Canada, and is expected to welcome nearly one million passengers this year. For one weekend, little engineers and their families are invited to take a 25-minute ride on their favorite engine, meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway and enjoy a day of Thomas & Friends fun with crafts, photo ops, and more.
Typically held over two weekends in Medina, this year’s event is being held just one weekend and is jam-packed with fun for the kids! Your wristband to the grounds includes:
- 25-minute (approximate) ride with a talking Thomas the Tank Engine;
- Meet & Greet with Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway;
- Thomas & Friends Imagination Station featuring a variety of activities;
- For the first time, children can meet Thomas’s new friend Nia in the form of a10-foot inflatable – perfect for photo opps! Nia appears in the Thomas & Friends episodes as one of the newest members of the Steam Team, joining Thomas, Percy, and the other engines at Tidmouth Sheds. Nia is always a helpful friend, and especially loves to help animals;
- A "Passport to Adventures" booklet for children to track their journey at the event and receive a special prize upon completion;
- Thomas & Friends-themed activities including toy play, photo ops, and more;
- Bounce houses, balloon artists, character sketch artists, storytelling, video viewing, scheduled professional magic shows, a mini train ride and more.
Train rides with Thomas depart every 45 minutes, rain or shine. Departure times begin at 9:15 a.m. through 5:30 p.m. each day of the event. Tickets for Day Out With Thomas are $23 plus tax for ages 2 and up. Tickets include the train ride with Thomas, all of the Thomas & Friends activities on the grounds as well as admission to the Medina Railroad Museum. Wristbands for entry will be provided to all ticket holders upon arrival. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online at www.medinarailroad.com
Thomas the Tank EngineTM is the star of Thomas & Friends the award-winning global brand franchise enjoyed by families in more than 160 territories and in over 55 languages across multiple touch-points and formats, including: 500+ original TV shows; 12 feature-length films; 27 websites in 13 languages; apps; toys (ranked number one property in the preschool toys category in the United Kingdom and Australia and number two in the United States); consumer products; publishing; live attractions and much more.
About the Medina Railroad Museum; located in the old New York Central freight depot in Medina, NY, the Medina RR Museum is one of the largest freight depot museums in New York State. The building itself was built in 1905-06 and is one of the largest (301 feet by 34 feet), last surviving wooden freight depots in the United States.
The Museum’s train has five passenger cars and two first-class cars that ride out on the tracks to Lockport and back several times per year for special events. Train season is March through October, with special Polar Express rides after Thanksgiving through mid-December. The museum is open Tuesday through Sunday year-round. Closed on Mondays and major holidays. To contact the museum, call (585) 798-6106 or visit www.medinarailroad.com