On Feb. 8th, the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service will be hosting a producer meeting from 9 a.m. to noon at Gillam Grant Community Center in Bergen. It is located at 6966 W. Bergen Road.
This informational meeting will feature producer workshops and question/answer sessions. It is free and open to the public. Donuts and coffee will be provided.
Anyone interested in agricultural planning, construction project management, manure application technology and/or funding opportunities is encouraged to attend. RSVP by Feb. 6 to Heath Eisele at [email protected] or by phoning (585) 201-5633.
If you fall into any of these categories, you will want to attend this meeting:
1. You are interested in applying for state and/or federal financial assistance programs in 2019 and beyond;
2. Your farm is looking to construct a large manure storage and you’re wondering how to manage the project;
3. You would like to improve the overall nutrient management on your farm with the use of manure injection/drag hose;
4. You’re curious about the financial assistance that is available, especially for the Genesee River Watershed and Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Focus Area;
5. You’re interested in learning about the lending opportunities from the USDA-Farm Service Agency;
6. You have never heard of the Soil & Water’s AEM program.
Workshop/Presenters will be:
Planning -- Heath Eisele, USDA NRCS
Contruction Management -- Gina Lathan, Lathan Equipment Co. LLC
Manure Application Technology -- Dan Athoe, Cuff Farm Services
FSA Loans / Other Programs -- Christen Trewer, USDA Farm Service Agency
AEM Grant Funding Opportunities -- Jered Elliott / Molly Cassatt, Genesee County Soil & Water Conservation District