Child who inhaled cinnamon being taken to UMMC
A 10-year-old child is being taken to UMMC after reportedly inhaling cinnamon. The child lives in Attica and an ambulance from there is meeting up with Mercy medics, who will make the drive to the hospital on North Street in the City of Batavia.
UPDATE 6:58 p.m.: The child inhaled a small amount of cinnamon (either a teaspoon or a tablespoon) on a dare. Inhalers were then used but there was still difficulty breathing. The child is resting comfortably and will arrive at UMMC shortly.
Haha, poor guy. Some people really can't handle the famous cinnamon challenge.
I can sympathize, once I was licking Fruity pebbles out of a bowl, pretending I was a lizard. While moving in for a lick, I accidentally inhaled and had 3 fruity pebbles bouncing around in my lungs for a good 15 minutes. Took awhile to cough them up. Such a horrible feeling.
I wondered how long it was going to be before some kid around here tried this idiocy. Chances are the 10 year-old tried eating a tablespoon of the spice, which is what the stunt entails. Ten dollars says a State Legislator somewhere is drafting a bill right now to put an age restriction on buying all kitchen spices. Thank you MTV and the fine folks at "Jack Ass".