Hurricane Sandy -- closures, cancellations, postponements, rescheduling
We encourage readers to send us information about closures, cancelations and postponements or rescheduling of events, roads, activities, businesses, services, etc., as we all hunker down in preparation for Hurricane Sandy. I'll add them ASAP.
E-mail them to:
Billie (585) 905-5581
Howard (585) 260-6970
- Canceled: Tuesday night Bingo at the Elba Fire Hall is cancelled.
- Postponed: Muller Quaker Dairy meet-and-greet Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Genesee Community College.
- Canceled: All afternoon and evening activities today in the Oakfield-Alabama school district.
- Canceled: The 4-H Volunteer Training scheduled for tonight at the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Genesee County Building.
- Canceled: All activities scheduled after 5 p.m. today in the Elba Central School District.
- Canceled: All after-school activities in the Byron-Bergen school district.
- Canceled: This evening's classes of the Genesee Valley Educational Partnership Education.
- Canceled: All activities scheduled after 5 p.m. today in the Pavilion Central School District.
Temporary closure of GCC campuses as of 4 p.m. today: To help ensure the safety of students, faculty and staff, and encourage everyone to remain indoors and avoid unnecessary pedestrian and vehicle travel during this time, Genesee Community College will close today effective at 4 p.m. This closing includes all Campus Centers in Albion, Arcade, Dansville, Lima, Medina and Warsaw, as well as the Batavia Campus. If you have any questions concerning closing and class cancellation procedures, please refer to http://www.genesee.edu/gcc/closing/.
Classes are expected to resume on a normal schedule Tuesday, Oct. 30. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to check the local news channels and the college's Web site before leaving for campus Tuesday morning.
- Canceled: Tonight's 7 o'clock Bible Study with Just Joy! Ministries at the YWCA.