City roadwork planned Monday and Tuesday is delayed
From the city Bureau of Maintenance:
Temporary road closures planned Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 16-17 in the City of Batavia are delayed.The new dates are Tuesday, Sept.17 and Wednesday, Sept. 18:
These road closures will now occur on Tuesday:
- Florence Avenue -- Between Cedar Street and Howard Street.
- Carolwood Drive – Between Garden Drive and end of road.
- Belvedere Lane – Naramore Drive to Naramore Drive.
- Woodcrest Drive – Between house #2 and #15.
The following roadwork is now planned for Wednesday:
- Union Street –Between Richmond Avenue and Oak Street. This impacts residents that live on Union Square limiting access. Any work not completed Tuesday is also going to be completed.
Residents will be notified by the company performing the work, Suit Kote, of the actual work schedule via fliers delivered door to door on the impacted streets a day in advance.
Residents of impacted areas are asked not to park on these streets while the work is ongoing and to park on adjacent side streets if possible.
This work is weather dependent and if delayed due to wet conditions the work will resume the next business day.
Contact the Bureau of Maintenance and ask to speak to the Superintendent at 585-345-6400, opt. 1, if you have any questions.