Course on 'Introduction to Drones' offered three Saturdays in May
This information was provided by The BEST Center:
The world of drones is exploding! In partnership with regional experts, an intensive 18-hour course called "Introduction to Drones" (sUAS -- small Unmanned Aerial Systems) will be offered at the Genesee Community College Forum, Batavia Campus, on three consecutive Saturdays -- May 7, 14 and 21.
Cost is $1,499 and includes your own model quad-copter drone with camera, computer flight simulator and workbook. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a one-hour break.
This course is offered in partnership with regional experts and is designed for any industry, business or service that is using or looking to use drones as well as for hobbyists.
If you are interested in emerging careers or are involved in construction, agriculture, real estate, insurance, public safety, EMS, photography, media, marketing, inspection, land surveying, golf courses, amusement parks, etc., or want to start a business, you'll learn how your industry can be transformed in new, cost-effective ways.
For recreational operators, you'll learn exactly what you need to know to be legal to fly efficiently and get the most out of your drone.
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to participants (not a license).
To register, call 345-6868 or visit www.bestcenter.org
The course will cover:
- Indoor hands-on flight practice using a model quad-copter;
- Computer simulator training;
- Operations of different tyoes of sUAS, including mot multi-rotor and fixed-wing;
- Flight systems, inlcuding DJI Phantom, Inspire 1 and 3D Robotics;
- Flight vehicles, radio controllers, components and characteristics;
- Autonomous flight
- Routine maintenance;
- Uses and Applications: Markets, Photography and Video, Post-processing, Economic Drivers;
- Safety: Best Practices, Operational Risks, Rules of the Road;
- Up-to-Date FAA Regulations: Policies, Flying Legally, Liability; Exemptions; Operation and Certification of sUAS;
- Etiquette and Privacy;
- Operational Risks and Insurance;
- Exploring Career Opportunities -- Virtually Unlimited!