'Executive hairspray' triggers fire alarm at the Clarion
A fire alarm sounded at the Clarion Hotel about 20 minutes ago and the Town of Batavia Fire Department responded. There was no conflagration, but firefighters checked the floors of the facility to determine why the alarm went off.
The strong odor of cigarette smoke was coming from one room, but no alarms tripped on that floor. Higher up in the hotel, they found the problem spot -- "Hairspray in the Executive Suite" was the likely culprit said the captain.
This communication was received by a dispatcher and reinterated: Cause for the alarm was "executive hairspray."