Northgate church invites people to participate in groups aimed at helping, sharing, coping
Northgate Free Methodist Church in Batavia is continually opening its doors to the community and inviting everyone to their events throughout 2019. In addition to worship services, Northgate offers dozens of volunteer-led small groups, many of which are open to the public. Several groups relaunch in January, including:
- Grief Share, a 13-week group designed to help and encourage those grieving the loss of a loved one due to death. The format is a weekly video presentation and discussion time that offers hope and comfort. Find more information at http://www.griefshare.org/about. Meetings will take place on Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m., starting Jan. 22nd, at Northgate’s North Campus, 8160 Bank Street Road, Batavia. There is a $15 cost for workbooks, scholarships available.
- Divorce Care, a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone. Divorce Care seminars and support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. You will learn how to heal from the deep hurt of divorce and discover hope for your future. A new 13-week session begins on Saturday, Jan. 19th, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Northgate’s North Campus. There is a $15 cost for workbooks, scholarships available.
- Mothers of Preschoolers or “MOPS” are women who gather together twice a month to share and support each other in the remarkable journey that is motherhood. Meetings consist of relevant speakers, fun crafts, supportive conversations and fellowship. There is always hot coffee and childcare provided at MOPS meetings. Moms can choose a 9 a.m. group or a 6:30 p.m. group. MOPS is open to all moms with children from birth to their youngest child finishes kindergarten. MOMSNext is also available for moms of school-aged children, they meet every second and fourth Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. Visit Northgatefmc.com/mops for more information. Each group has a separate membership fee, scholarships are available.
- Celebrate Recovery meets every Thursday evening at 6:30 (including any and all holidays that fall on a Thursday, unless there is a serious snowstorm). Our CR leaders guide and assist those of us who are gaining joy and freedom in Christ as we apply the 12-Steps of Celebrate Recovery to the hurts, habits and hang-ups we all struggle with. All are welcome! We believe anyone and everyone would benefit by attending this group, where we take off our masks and allow God to transform our lives. We are able to share openly and honestly about our struggles with people we come to trust, who will maintain confidentiality, and who will not judge us. For more info, go to: https://northgatecr.weebly.com/
- Financial Peace University will be held on Wednesday nights, starting on Feb. 13th, from 7-8:30 at the North Campus (8160 Bank Street Road, Batavia). For more than 25 years, Financial Peace University, created by Dave Ramsey, has helped thousands of people take control of their money. Through this nine-week course, Ramsey’s proven money class will show you step-by-step how to create a budget, pay off your debt, make wise spending decisions, and save for the future. Preregistration is required, so please visit https://fpu.com/1079986 to sign up. The cost for the class is $129, scholarships are available. If you have questions please email [email protected].
For more information about any of these groups or other events, please contact the Northgate office at (585) 343-4011 or email [email protected]