Wyoming Division of GCC Foundation launches annual scholarship drive
From Genesee Community College:
David DeLaVergne, senior vice president at The Bank of Castile, leads the Wyoming County Division of Genesee Community College Foundation's annual campaign, Our Best Investment.
"In the past year, I have become more and more acquainted with the College and its Campus Centers in Warsaw and Arcade and they are truly assets within our county borders," DeLaVergne said. "Last year, 1,000 talented and motivated Wyoming County residents enrolled at Genesee Community College. In the community and at The Bank of Castile, where I work, I encounter students struggling with career choices and academic expectations."
The driving force of the campaign is to attract and retain academically talented and deserving students and thereby strengthening the local economic vitality by providing training in high-need workforce skills. This past year 464 scholarships were awarded, totaling $265,488.
"It truly is our best investment in our community and our citizens, and we ask that community members please respond favorably when one of our dedicated volunteers asks for support," DeLaVergne said. "The gratitude of the students is immeasurable!"
Community volunteers and campaign leaders in the Wyoming Division include:
• Andrea Aldinger, executive director, Office for Aging and Youth Bureau, Warsaw
• Jonah Broughton, commercial lender, The Bank of Castile, Warsaw
• Bruce Camp, president, Attica Auto Supply, Inc.
• Jen Clark, office manager, Ed Hulme, Inc., Warsaw
• Paula Edwards, branch manager, The Bank of Castile, Arcade
• Richard Fish, president, Complete Payroll Processing, Perry and Genesee Community College Foundation Board Member
• Norb Fuest, Human Resources manager, Morton Salt, Inc., Silver Springs and Genesee Community College Foundation Board Member
• Mike Hardie, broker, Tompkins Insurance Agency, Attica
• John McClurg, president, McClurg Automotive, Inc., Perry
• Sandy Pirdy, owner, Creekside Fabrics & Quilts, Arcade
• Brianna Stone, branch manager, The Bank of Castile, Castile
• Charlene Strain, branch manager, The Bank of Castile, Warsaw
• John Wheeler, branch manager, The Bank of Castile, Perry
The Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing service and support to Genesee Community College. A thirty member board of directors comprised of business and civic leaders leads it. The Foundation was formed in the mid- eighties to provide philanthropic support to the College. Gifts to the campaign may be sent to the Genesee Community College Foundation, One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020. For further information, please call (585) 345-6809 or [email protected].