The Batavia Society of Artists hosts 2019 kick-off event: free Artist Mixer at GO ART!
The Batavia Society of Artists will host its kick-off event for 2019-- a free Artist Mixer -- from 7 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 12, at GO ART!
It is located in the historic Seymour Place building in Downtown Batavia, 201 E. Main St.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a piece of their artwork to display for the evening.
Enjoy some wine and cheese and talk with other artists from the area.
All levels and mediums welcome.
An Art Book Sale will be available to benefit The Batavia Society of Artists.
Dues to join the society are $30 a year for an individual; $50 for a couple; $10 for students; the drop-in fee for events, programs and demos is $5.
The Board of Directors is comprised of: Teresa Tamfer, Nicole Tamfer, Nancy Brown*, Carole LaValley, Shauna Blake*, Amy DiSalvo and Karen Crittenden. They meet on the second Tuesday of the month.
(*New Board Members)
Here's the rest of the year's lineup; all demos (except En Plein Air) are held at GO ART!:
- March 12 -- Colette Savage Demo of warm undertone painting with pastels, 7 to 9 p.m.
- April 9 -- Mike Killelea Demo of adding people and animals to finished watercolors for interest, 7 to 9 p.m.
- May 9 -- Spring Art Show Reception at Richmond Memorial Library, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- May 18 -- Saturday Sketch Out -- Genesee County Park & Forest Nature Interpretive Center in East Bethany, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- June 11 -- Linda Metcalf Hands-on Demo of encaustics, 7 to 9 p.m.
- July 9 -- Picnic at Kiwanis Park & En Plein Air Demo with Sue Meyer -- Bring a dish to pass, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Aug. 15 -- GO ART! Show Reception -- Upstairs in the Batavia Rotary Club Gallery, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Sept. 10 -- Shauna Blake Hands-on Demo of alcohol inks, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Oct. 8 -- Chris Humel Hands-on Demo of caricatures, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Nov. 12 -- Becky Maynard Demo of acrylic pour ornaments, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Dec. 5 -- Winter Art Show Reception at Richmond Memorial Library, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Dec. 10 -- Christmas Dinner Party at Dibble Family Center, $20 per person, 6 p.m. - 'til ?