Darien Lake announces Fright Nights for Fall weekends
Darien Lake Theme Park Resort — New York’s Coaster Capital — Six Flags announced today that Fright Fest®, the biggest and scariest Halloween event in the country, is returning to Darien Lake Theme Park Resort this fall featuring Thrills by Day and Fright by Night for five weekends beginning Sept. 28.
“No one does Halloween like Six Flags and we are thrilled to reintroduce this immersive, terrifyingly thrilling event to our guests,” said Park President Chris Thorpe. “Fright Fest is definitely not recommended for children ages 12 or younger. We are turning the scare factor way up for the biggest and scariest Halloween event in the region.”
By day, families with young children can enjoy a trick-or-treat trail, along with other kid-friendly activities. By night, the park transforms from a theme park to a scream park featuring:
- Zombies roaming around every corner;
- New scare zones and haunted mazes;
- Two new haunted houses (additional fee required);
- Thrilling rides and attractions like the all-new Tantrum, Ride of Steel and Mind Eraser experienced in the dark; and
- A new laser light show, Spooktacular, performed on Friday and Saturday nights at 10:30.
Fright Fest runs from 6 –11 p.m. on Fridays; 11 a.m.–11 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m.– 9 p.m. on Sundays from Sept. 28 through Oct. 28. More details about Fright Fest will be announced in the coming weeks.
Admission to the event is included with a 2018 Season Pass, which is available at www.darienlake.com.