Ranzenhofer announces $72,000 for local libraries
New York State Senator Michael H. Ranzenhofer has secured $72,000 in state funding for public libraries throughout Genesee County.
“Our local libraries enrich our communities with invaluable services, and this critical funding will assist libraries across Genesee County with providing more programming to their patrons,” Ranzenhofer said. "As your State Senator, I am proud to be a strong supporter of Genesee County’s libraries."
The total funding will be distributed among Genesee County’s six public libraries:
• Byron-Bergen Library, $12,000;
• Corfu Free Library, $12,000;
• Haxton Memorial Library; $12,000;
• Hollwedel Memorial Library, $12,000;
• Richmond Memorial Library, $12,000; and
• Woodward Memorial Library, $12,000.
The funding can be used for a variety of purposes, including capital improvements, new books, learning materials, software, programming and computers. The funding is part of the 2018-19 State Budget. The funding is administered by the New York State Education Department.