Ray Leach, record-setting running back named region's top football player for 2018
Ray Leach's list of records is impressive:
- Section V single season, rushing yards, 3,012;
- Section V single season, touchdowns, 49;
- Section V single season, points scored, 310;
- Section V career record, rushing yards, 6,023;
- Section V career touchdowns, 111;
- Section V career points, 720;
- State playoff record for yards rushing, 474;
- State playoff record for touchdowns, 8 (twice);
- State playoff record for points scored, 50.
So it's no surprise that Leach has been named Football Player of the Year for All-Greater Rochester by the Democrat & Chronicle.
Brennan Briggs, who coached his fourth team in the past five years to a Section V championship. This season was the first time a Briggs-coached team reached the state championship game.
Also making first team: Joshua Barber and Ethan Biscaro. Taiyo Iburi-Bethel was named to the second team. Alex Rood, Joe Martinucci and Andrew Francis all received honorable mention.
Chris McClinic, Alexander, also made second team. Honorable mentions went to Terrez Smith, Ty Woods, Dylan Busch, Jake Jasen, Ethan Heineman and Hayden Walton.
Honorable mention for Notre Dame: Gabe MacDonald, Keith Szczepanski, Mason Randall, Tim Klotzbach, Tyler Totten.
Honorable mention for Pembroke: Theodore Pintabona, Colby Cerasani, Trent Smith, Trevor Vaughn.
Honorable mention in eight-man football for Oakfield-Alabama/Elba: Colton Dillon, Gage Dieterle, Ty Mott, Kyle Magliocco, Peyton Yasses, Seth Sepalla.
First team in other fall sports:
- Lukas Milligan, Pavilion, boys volleyball
- Maiya Reinhart, Batavia, girls swimming
Has Ray committed to play anywhere in college?
I don't believe so ... last I heard, no offers.