Most viewed posts for August, 2013
Here are the most viewed posts for August, 2013:
- Young man from Bergen killed in motorcycle accident in Le Roy, passenger seriously injured
- Mother seeks help in finding her missing son
- Town of Le Roy supervisor arrested following alleged incident with neighbor
- Sunday night fight on Harvester Avenue left local man critically injured
- Car versus motorcycle accident, serious injuries, on North Road, Le Roy, by Billie Owens
- Derek Sheldon remembered with tears, laughter and duck calls
- County star Jason Aldean at Darien Lake means, of course, lots of arrests
- Thirty-six people arrested or issued citations at John Mayer concert at Darien Lake
- Woman 'covered in blood' walking dog on Route 19, Le Roy, by Billie Owens
- Suspected flirt charged with drunken driving
It was another record traffic month for The Batavian. We had 130,475 unique visitors, 551,570 visits and 931,241 page views.
This may be a dumb question (and someone says "the only dumb question is the one never asked"), how is any one post viewed more than any other, because the way the web site is set up we roll through posts one at a time; or I gues if I click on a certain post, but why would I do that other than if I am commenting, reading or responding to a comments, which would imply that it would be "the most commented on posts"? (Does any of this make any sense?)
Gary, you're right that clicking to read or write a comment creates a page view for that post. Also, people come directly to posts through various sources -- quite often Facebook, but also Twitter, Google, Yahoo, AOL, other web sites.
Because most of our stories run complete on the home page, that does suppress our over all page view count, but I think the design also contributes a lot to people coming back repeatedly.