Work crews have been busy paving the parking lot between Court Street and Jackson Street this week, completing the Jackson Street side on Wednesday, after weather delayed the work a day or two.
Out of the approximately $200,000 project, 85 percent is for paving operations, and the remaining 15 percent is for milling, Public Works Director Brett Frank said.
Project funding is from Parking Lot Reserves, he said, for wear and tear that broken down the lot's exterior.
"The main issues with the parking lot were simply the age and condition of the parking lot," Frank said to The Batavian. "Quite simply put, it was time to mill and pave the entire parking lot, and we're past the time in which filling potholes and putting Band-Aids on the lot are considered sufficient repairs."
City work crews have been milling and paving the Court Street parking lot this week next to Save-A-Lot between Court and Jackson streets in downtown Batavia. Photos by Howard Owens.