Do you ever wonder why little things drive you nuts?
1) Did you ever wonder why they call the letter "w" a double "u", when its really a double "v" ?
2) Did you ever wonder why they call ground beef "hamburger", when there's no ham in it?
3) Did you know that the United States Mint has never minted or issued a coin called a "penny"? However, to this day, people still refer to the one cent piece as a penny. Do you know why?
4) If the term terrestrial refers to "of or relating to the earth or its living things" (as defined by Merriam Webster dictionary), then why is the possibility of allien life refered to as "extra" terrestrial? If they are allien and not of this earth, shouldn't the term be "non" terrestrial?
5) Why do they call a grapefruit a grapefruit? It doesn't look like a grape to me, what about you?
6) Why do people say "God bless you" when you sneeze? Do they think you're possessed by the devil?
7) Why do they refer to distilled alcohol as "sprits"? Have you ever been haunted by it? (maybe the next morning, many of us can attest to !)
8) Why is a quarter (25¢) still refered to as 2 bits?
9) Why do people refer to a "hot water heater" as such? If its allready hot, why would you be heating it?
10) Are you spending your precious time trying to find the answers to these silly questions? Are they driving you nuts? Good luck on your search.
- BONUS: What are the following ? è æ þ ð How and what are they used for?
- We'll see if you're all as nuts as I am. I welcome your comments.