Last night Congress passed a Continuing Resolution for Fiscal Year 2014, which included funding for the Natural Resources Conservation Service and various other federal agencies.
With the reopening of the Federal Government, each agency has been working diligently to open offices and start addressing the backlog created by the temporary lapse in service.
Here is the status for the Natural Resources Conservation Field Office, Batavia:
1. Field Office reopened Oct. 17th; procedures for an orderly start-up have commenced.
2. The Genesee County Soil & Water Conservation District has begun moving its temporary quarters back to the USDA Service Center.
3. Web sites and other Web resources are coming back online for conducting daily tasks/operations.
4. Program deadlines will likely be extended – more guidance will be forthcoming.
5. Priority over the next couple weeks will be to insure USDA eligibility issues are being addressed, conservation practices are installed, certified and paid, and processing of new applications.
6. Designs, conservation planning, and HEL/WC requests are currently on hold.
Thank you for your patience during the government shutdown and if you have any questions about the status of your project, application or contract, please feel free to contact Heath Eisele, District conservationist USDA-NRCS Batavia Field Office.
Phone: 585-343-9167, ext. 115