On Sunday, November 19 starting at 4 p.m. the Genesee Valley Wind Ensemble (GVWE) will be performing their fall concert at Oakfield-Alabama Middle/High School located at 7001 Lewiston Rd. Oakfield.
Phillip J. Briatico, founder of GVWE, will be conducting along with guest conductor Brad Willard. These works will be featured:
- Overture for Winds- Charles Carter
- Handel in the Strand- Percy Grainger
- Chant & Jubilo- W. Francis McBeth
- The Longest Day- Paul Anka arr. Brad Willard
- Beauty & The Beast- arr. Calvin Custer
- Autumn Leaves- Alfred Reed
- ‘80s Soundtrax-arr. Patrick Roszell
- The Washington Post- John Philip Sousa
- Sleigh Ride- Encore
The purpose of the GVWE is to serve and to provide the Greater Genesee Valley audience with new and familiar live music, to serve its membership with the opportunity to perform challenging wind ensemble literature, and to create the opportunity for the conductor and musicians to grow their collective musical talents.
For more information and ticket prices visit www.geneseevalleywindensemble.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.