Above, Shelby Ulm (right), Cosmetology student from Attica CSD, accepts the AM Student of the Year Award from Catherine Bennett, assistant principal at the Batavia CTE Center.
Submitted photos and press release:
The Batavia Career and Technical Education (CTE) Center celebrated the achievements of its seniors at an awards program last month at Le Roy High School.
The scholarship and award winners, their programs and home schools are noted below.
- Student of the Year (a.m.), Shelby Ulm, Attica CSD, Cosmetology;
- Student of the Year (p.m.), Taylor Tyczka, Attica CSD, Information Technology Academy;
- Blakeslee Memorial Award, Karl Steffenilla, Pavilion CSD, Building Trades;
- Donald Abramo Jr. Memorial Award, Steven Keicher, Attica CSD; Anthony McMaster, Batavia CSD, both Metal Trades students;
- Gene Haas Foundation Scholarship: James Roggow, Byron-Bergen CSD; Evan Bartz, Batavia CSD; Arden Schadt, Attica CSD; Noah Stachowiak, Attica CSD; Anthony McMaster, Batavia CSD; all Metal Trades students;
- AutoDesk Master Manufacturing Scholarship: Benjamin Bailey, Pembroke CSD, Metal Trades;
- James P. Donnelly Memorial Award: Garret George, Attica CSD; Lucas Stucchio, Byron-Bergen CSD, both Building Trades students;
- Paul Levins Memorial Award: Zachary Heaton, Attica CSD, Building Trades;
- Batavia Rod & Gun Club Memorial Scholarship: Eric Lewis, Pavilion CSD, Building Trades;
- Roy H. Turnbull Memorial Scholarship Award: Joshua Kelsey, Alexander CSD, Building Trades;
- Ignatius J. Radesi Memorial Award: Tyler Totten, Notre Dame Batavia, Building Trades;
- Pullinzi Family Scholarship: Jonathan Bigsby, Alexander CSD, Building Trades;
- Building Trades Alumni Award: Nicholas Bonamici, Attica CSD, Building Trades;
- Jason H. Rowcliffe Memorial Scholarship: Melissa Volutra, Oakfield-Alabama CSD, Culinary Arts;
- Chef Russell Bugbee Memorial Award: Jason Lowe, Alexander CSD, Culinary Arts;
- Red Osier Scholarship: Jason Lowe, Alexander CSD, Culinary Arts;
- Josh Mouery Memorial Award, Jason Lowe, Alexander CSD, Culinary Arts;
- C. Thomas Olivo Award - ACTEA: Taylor Tyczka, Attica CSD, Information Technology Academy;
- Batavia Rotary Club Memorial Fund Scholarship: Tyler Kirst, Pembroke CSD, Health Dimensions;
- Kiwanis Citizenship Scholarship: Emily Boldt, Pavilion CSD, Justice Academy;
- Adams’ Welding & Fabrication Scholarship: Ayden Odachowski, Batavia CS, Metal Trades;
- Dr. Charles Holowach Memorial Scholarship: Taylor Schofield, Pavilion CSD, Health Careers Academy; Madison Dedman, Batavia CSD, Health Careers Academy; Taylor Tyczka, Attica CSD, Information Technology Academy.
Above, Taylor Tyczka (right) an Information Technology Academy student from Attica CSD, accepts the $2,000 Charles Holowach Scholarship from Julie Donlon, assistant superintendent for the Genesee Valley Educational Partnership.
About the Batavia Career and Technical Education Center
It is a program of the Genesee Valley Educational Partnership. The Partnership operates as a Board of Cooperative Educational Services offering shared programs and services to 22 component school districts located in Genesee, Wyoming, Livingston and Steuben counties in New York state.