Local Matters

Community Sponsors

January 18, 2014 - 12:02pm

Water heater explodes, scalding contractor on Beaver Meadows Road, Byron

posted by Billie Owens in byron, south byron.

A water heater reportedly exploded at 7334 Beaver Meadows Road, north of Lyman Road. Byron and South Byron fire departments are responding. A contractor called the dispatch center about the incident, saying he was driving himself to the hospital after suffering burns from the scalding water.

UPDATE 12:20 p.m.: Command says it appears there was a flash of fire at some point, but it was self-extinguishing. All units are returning to service.

Billie Owens
Billie Owens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: Mar 23 2009 - 1:22pm

FYI...There have been no updates about this incident over the scanner and none are likely to be forthcoming.

Calendar

S M T W T F S
 
 
 
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 

Upcoming

Copyright © 2008-2020 The Batavian. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
 

blue button