Burning house in Pembroke last night, just training
A reader sent an e-mail this afternoon asking why we didn't have information today on the full-engulfed house fire on Lake Road in Pembroke last night.
It was news to me. There was no press release, WBTA didn't have the story and neither did the Daily.
Tim Yaeger, office of Emergency Management, said the fire was a routine Monday night training drill.
"It was a house that was damaged in a fire last summer," Yaeger said. "It was used for training purposes."
Our reader writes:
I saw it burning, the entire place was engulfed. I have never seen a house go up like that one seemed to. The flames were on the outside and going from the ground up on every wall. Usually houses burn and have some part at least on the outside without visible flames but not this one. It was a scary scene.
Too bad we don't have pictures.
UPDATE: The picture below was submitted by Peter Sformo.