From Muckdogs to River Bandits
Many people like Minor League Baseball because they can see players as they get their start in professional baseball and then continue to follow their progress as they try to make it up to the big leagues. We have had several players moved up to be River Bandits in Quad Cities, Iowa. Here is a look at how they have done so far:
- Lance Lynn, Pitcher: Lynn had 2 starts as a River Bandit before being placed on the DL for his elbow. In his two starts, he has a 2.25 ERA and a 0-1 record. He threw a total of 8 innings with 8 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks and 7 strikeouts.
- Blake Murphy, Catcher: One of Batavia's biggest power hitters, Murphy isn't doing as well at the next level. He is batting just .196, with 11 hits in 56 at-bats. He has 1 double, 1 homerun, 9 walks and 20 strikeouts through 19 games.
- Domnit Boliver, Third Base: Bolivar was the primary shortstop while in Batavia, but has spent most of his time at third for the River Bandits. He has an average of .254 with 16 doubles, 5 triples, 7 homeruns and 36 RBI. He also has stolen 4 bases. (*note that these numbers are from his entire time in Quad Cities. He started there in April, moved down to Batavia in early July, and moved back up in early August. These stats include his time before and after playing in Batavia (87 games)).
- Jameson Maj, Pitcher: In 4 games, Maj has a 0-2 record, 5.40 ERA and 1 save. In 16 2/3 innings he has allowed 17 hits, 10 runs and 2 walks while striking out 15. He has served equal time as a starter and a reliever, throwing 2 games as each.
- Jon Edwards, Outfield: Edwards has a .250 average in 64 at-bats through 18 games, serving most of his time in right field. He has 16 hits, including 3 doubles, 2 homeruns and 10 RBI. He has performed best against lefties, batting a big .462 against them.