On their 5 game road trip, the Muckdogs won two, lost two and were rained out once as they continue the fight for first place in the Pinckney Division with Jamestown, with whom they dropped a game to tonight. Here's a quick look at these past 4 games:
- Tuesday, August 26: Mahoning Valley 8, Batavia 7- The Muckdogs had a 4-run rally in the 9th to battle back after 4 errors to tie the game 7-7, but they couldn't hold on for the victory. Jason Buursma (1-3) suffered the loss in his 2/3 of an inning, letting in 1 run with 3 walks. Edwin Gomez was the biggest power at the plate, going 2-for-3 with a double, a homerun, 3 runs scored and a RBI.
- Wednesday, August 27: RAINOUT- Inclement weather cancelled the second game of the road trip. There is no make-up for this game.
- Thursday, August 28: Batavia 11, Williamsport 7- The day off must have helped the Muckdogs, as they got back on the winning track. Thomas Eager (5-3) got the win, throwing 4 innings with 3 hits, 1 run, 1 walk and 3 strikeouts. Adam Reifer picked up his 20th save in his 1/3 inning of work. Charlie Cutler went 4-for-5 with a homerun, 2 runs scored and 3 RBI. Shane Peterson went 3-for-6 with a double.
- Friday, August 29: Batavia 4, Williamsport 2- This time, the opposition suffered from errors, as Williamsport had 3 in the game to help Batavia get another win. Hector Cardenas (5-0) kept his perfect record through 5 innings with 2 hits, 2 walks and 6 strikeouts. Reifer (21) pitched 1 1/3 with a strikeout to get the save. Batavia's 5 hits were scattered throughout the lineup; Peterson had the sole extra-base hit, a double, on the night.
- Saturday, August 30: Jamestown 10, Batavia 2- 5 errors in the first game of the pivitol series of the year proved costly for the Muckdogs. Arquimedes Nieto (6-1) lost his perfect record, as he got the loss in his 4 innings with 8 hits, 6 runs (4 earned), 1 walk and 2 strikeouts. Jose Garcia and Cutler had the only multi-hit nights; Garcia went 2-for-4 with 2 stolen bases and Cutler finished 2-for-3 with a run scored.
The Muckdogs had a 1/2 game lead going into Jamestown, but now swapped places with the Jammers after the loss. The official standings and stats have not been posted yet, but I will bring them to you in the morning (or shall I say later this morning since it's already 1:00)...
The series continues Sunday at Dwyer at 1:05.