GCC's 40th annual Fashion Show is free, view 'Novaturient' online
The Fashion Program students at Genesee Community College announced the 40th Annual Fashion Show will go live, ONLINE, for FREE on Saturday, May 1 at 6 p.m. and this year's show is just in time for the "Novaturient" desires stirring in us all!
The term novaturient describes a desire for change that leads one to travel -- to seek a change in environment.
The entire Fashion Show, which features designs by a dozen GCC students, has been articulately composed around everything from the emotions to the comforts and practicalities of that traveling individual. With sophisticated color pallets and completely unique styles, this show has a look for everyone!
2021 Fashion Show Scene Coordinators include:
- Xi Lin: Styled looks for "Staycation"
- Cadeeja Tanksley: Styled looks to take you to the tropics
- Ariana Medick, Julia Ashworth, and Damani Joseph: Designed, created, and styled women's looks and styled men's looks for "Honeymoon"
- Alexis Remington: Styled looks for "Rendezvous"
- Sayaka Hisayama, Miyabi kondo, and Ayami Kusumi (Freshman): Combination of designed, created, and upcycled looks for "Higaeri Ryokou (Day Trip)"
- Deanna Anderson, and Gianina Defrank: (freshmen scene coordinators) Upcycled and styled looks from personal collections for "Sehnsucht"
- Rebecca Siglin: Designed and created looks for "Carnival"
- Sam Dombrowski: Styled and Upcycled looks for "Road Trip"
- Ziare Evans: Styled looks for "Spring Break"
- Lauren Diegert: Styled and Upcycled looks for "Business and Pleasure"
- Damani Joseph: Styled looks for "Elopement"