From Tim Hens, county highway superintendent:
Routine oil and stone work to begin tomorrow on Bank Street Road north of Five Corners (Townline Road) and Transit Road (Bank Street to Route 262) in the towns of Batavia, Elba and Byron.
Additional roads getting oil and stone within the next two weeks include:
- Bennett and Simonds roads, Town of Darien
- South Lake Road (Cochocton to Route 5), Town of Pembroke
- Akron Road, Town of Pembroke
- Knowlesville and Ham Road, Town of Alabama
- Barrville Road, Town of Elba
- North Byron Road (Barrville Road to Route 98), Town of Elba
- Creek Road (City of Batavia to Putnam Road), Town of Batavia
- Attica and Darien-Alexander Townline roads, Town of Alexander
- Covell and Hartwell roads, Town of Pavilion
Motorists are urged to travel at 35 mph or lower while oil cures and until loose stone can be swept from the roadway.