More arrests linked to smash-and-grab burglary ring operating in six counties
Monroe County Sheriff Todd Baxter at a press conference today said a smash-and-grab burglary ring is responsible for more than 30 burglaries in six counties, including Genesee County.
On Sept. 16, GC Sheriff's deputies arrested two people who Sheriff William Sheron said are apparently part of the ring.
Taken into custody and held on bail after allegedly being caught in the act of burglarizing the Crosby's at 6257 Clinton Street Road in Batavia were Jennifer D. Abrams and Tarus O. Fluitt.
On Sept. 28, Kristina Marble, Jose Cruz-Rosado and Eric Smith were arrested in Monroe County following a gas station burglary in Victor.
They are believed to have committed similar crimes in Genesee County, and all five individuals are suspected of being part of the same ring, Sheron said.
Their modus operandi is to smash out doors and windows and steal cigarettes and other items.
Sheron released a list of seven such burglaries in Genesee County:
- Aug. 16, Batavia Crosby's on Clinton Street Road. Troopers handled the case and details are not available at this time;
- Sept. 2, Bergen C-Store, 8073 Clinton Street Road, Bergen. Approximately $3,500 in cigarettes stolen, $325 in damages;
- Sept. 13, Byron Crosby's, 6890 Byron Holley Road, Byron. Approximately $5,500 in cigarettes stolen, $180 in lighters, and $1,130 in damage;
- Sept. 13, Bergen C-Store, a 20-pound propane tank used to smash the front door; the burglars failed to gain entry. The damage estimate is $325;
- Sept. 16, Le Roy Kwik Fill, 7010 W. Main St., Le Roy. Attempted burglary. Front door smashed with rocks but no entry. Estimated damage: $1,000. The subjects captured on video appear to be Abrams and Fluitt;
- Sept. 16, Batavia Crosby's, the location where Abrams and Fluitt were captured;
- Sept. 20, Pavilion Farms, 11091 Lake St., Pavilion. Troopers also handled this case.
- Convenience store in Bergen burglarized, suspect sought
- Bergen C-Store reportedly robbed
- Law and Order: Rochester duo accused of burglarizing two gas stations