Power outages reported in Genesee County
There are three significant power outages reported in Genesee County -- one north of the Thruway in the Pembroke/Alabama area, one north of the Thruway and just west of Lewiston Road in the Town of Batavia and one just east of North Spruce Street and north of East Avenue in the City of Batavia.
The first outage effects 75 National Grid customers, the second, 137 customers, and the third, 88 customers. Currently, 340 customers in the county are without power.
There is no ETA yet for when power will be restored in these areas. National Grid has assigned work crews to each outage.
UPDATE 4:15 p.m.: City Fire reports a transformer explosion in the area of Oak and Main where the traffic light is out of service.
UPDATE 4:42 p.m.: There is a power outage in the area of Horseshoe Lake and another in East Pembroke. Dispatchers are handling calls related to multiple trees and poles down throughout the county. A tree has fallen on a house at 12 Union St, Le Roy. Wires are down but no arcing or sparking.
UPDATE 4:56 p.m.: There is a large outage in the city affecting 1,538 customers along East and West Main Streets going as far north as the Thruway, as far west as Park Road, as far south as Chestnut, and to Ross on East. Route 63 is now closed as well, between Route 5 and Galloway Road for poles in the road.
UPDATE 5:10 p.m.: National Grid reports 2,360 customers (out of 27,109) without power in Genesee County, with an estimated restoration time of 7 p.m. By town -- Town of Batavia 150, City of Batavia 1,640, Alabama 185, Stafford 98, Pembroke 124, Oakfield 17, Elba 15, Le Roy 39, Darien 44, Byron 39.
UPDATE 5:20 p.m.: Poles down blocking Route 98 in both directions between W. Saile Rd. and Elba Townline Rd.
UPDATE 5:50 p.m.: The number of customers without power in the county is up to 4,172, per National Grid, which indicates it is "assessing condition." By town -- Alabama 254, Alexander 120, Batavia 152, City of Batavia 1,642, Bergen 183, Byron 46, Village of Corfu 56, Darien 436, Elba 45, Le Roy 40, Oakfield 51, Pavilion 2, Pembroke 955, Stafford 190.
UPDATE: There are numerous ongoing power outages in Genesee County. The total number of customers without power is 8,177.
- There is a power outage centered in Elba that affects 329 customers with no crew assigned.
- There is an outage covering Byron, Stafford, and some of Bergen affecting 816 customers with no crew assigned.
- There is an outage in Byron and Stafford affecting 96 customers with no crew assigned.
- There is an outage north of the Thruway and west of Lewiston Road affecting 137 customers with no crew assigned.
- There is an outage in Bethany and Alexander affecting 279 customers with no crew assigned.
- There is an outage in Darien near Six Flags affecting 45 customers with no crew assigned.
- There is an outage in Le Roy affecting 59 customers with no crew assigned.
- There are two outages in Alabama affecting more than 150 customers, neither with a crew assigned.
- There is an outage west of Indian Falls affecting 110 customers, no crew assigned.
- There is an outage in Basom affecting 105 customers, no crew assigned.
Top photo: A Batavia police officer conducts traffic at Main and Oak. Below, photo submitted by Chantel Zambito of a tree that fell on a semi-truck on Lewiston Road.