Visitor restrictions implemented at UMMC due to flu
To help reduce further transmission of influenza, Rochester Regional Health is instituting visitor restrictions for the following hospitals:
- United Memorial Medical Center
- Rochester General Hospital (Rochester)
- Unity Hospital (Greece)
- Visitors will be limited to no more than two people per patient at a time;
- All visitors must be at least 14 years old;
- Please do not visit a patient if you feel you are ill, including sore throat, fever, runny nose, coughing, sneezing or other flu-like symptoms - even if you have been vaccinated against the flu.
NOTE: The Batavian spoke briefly with Paul Pettit, county health director, and he said flu reports this season are above average -- about 40 cases -- but well below the 200 or so that were reported by this time last year.