The 25 most viewed stories for 2014
Here are the 25 most viewed stories on The Batavian of 2014:
- Jacquetta Simmons sent to jail as defense plans appeal of restitution order
- Baby Chandler suffered head trauma, authorities say
- Father in custody in case of infant's death in Batavia
- Doctor reports no brain activity for Jeffrey Deats following CAT scan
- Town of Le Roy lawsuit aims to end 50 years of camping and concerts at Frost Ridge
- Teen who didn't come home on time gets cell phone taken away, by Billie Owens
- Deputy Frank Bordonaro dies of apparent heart attack while sleeping at home
- Man held in Baby Chandler case is not the father
- Home of Frost Ridge Campground owners in Le Roy destroyed by fire
- Parents of Notre Dame student air complaints about son getting Mohawk shaved off at school
- If things get worse, National Guard may be needed in Genesee County
- Suspect in baby death case reportedly attempts suicide in jail
- Truck drivers assist deputy being dragged by suspect's car
- Investigators seek help in identifying woman who may have used stolen gift card
- Inmate at county jail found hanging by bed sheet, pronounced dead at the scene
- Police respond to ham-throwing incident at Sav-A-Lot
- Oakfield man facing felony drug charges, by Alecia Kaus
- Up to two feet of snow, dangerously cold air expected Monday and Tuesday
- p.w. minor reportedly tells employees the business is closing
- Alpina laying off 32 employees at Batavia plant
- Dog found malnourished showing signs of recovery, now in foster care
- Possible fire in apartment above bakery and deli in Pavilion, by Billie Owens
- Guy and gal walking along Main Street, Batavia, allegedly behaving unlawfully, by Billie Owens
- Q & A with Dr. Susan Swedo regarding PANDAS
- Sheriff's Office releases names in Sunday night's ATV accident in Pembroke, by Billie Owens
It was another banner year in traffic to the site.
There were 6,153,368 visits to the site, up from 5,909,231 in 2013. We recorded 1,149,120 unique visitors to the site, up from 1,082,729 in 2013. And, there were 9,806,264 page views in 2014, compared to 9,794,627 the previous year.
The Batavian was once again the #1 online news source for Genesee County.
Can't believe Sgt. Shaina Schmigel didn't make this list.