City PD announces five arrests at DWI check point
The night of Tim McGraw concert at Darien Lake, the Batavia PD set up a sobriety check point on Pearl Street and made five arrests.
All five arrested had attended the concert, according to Chief Randy Baker.
- Matthew Perry, 18, of Batavia, charged with DWI;
- Geoffrey Howe, 28, of Auburn, charged with DWI, driving with a BAC of .18 or greater and aggravated unlicensed operation;
- Matthew Malloy, 22, of Batavia, charged with DWI;
- Christopher Vandusen, 38, of Kendall, charged with DWI;
- Thomas Boughner, 28, of Spencerport, charged with DWI and open alcohol beverage container in a motor vehicle.
The traffic detail was supported through the Genesee County Stop DWI program.
Baker said the city PD will use check points and DWI patrols on holidays and throughout the summer to help combat drinking and driving.