In the past week, The Batavian once again brought you more news about Genesee County than any other news source.
Below is a list of the bylined stories The Batavian published over the past week ahead of any other news outlet, and, again, in many cases, The Batavian was the only news source to bring you these stories.
The Batavian's dedication to bringing you the most local news first is a good reason you should sign up today for Early Access Pass. News coverage is a lot of work, and in order to continue to stay on top of it, we are asking for reader support through Early Access Pass.
- School budget votes are Tuesday: propositions and hours for Genesee County, by Joanne Beck
- Want some water fun in Batavia? Just rent it, county legislators say, by Joanne Beck
- Accident reported at Richmond and Oak, Batavia, with minor injuries, by Howard Owens
- Grand Jury Report: Man accused of possessing illegal AR-15 pistol in Le Roy, by Howard Owens
- Barn fire in Darien contained but volunteer firefighter 'crisis' continues says Yaeger, by Howard Owens
- Longtime Batavia music teacher delivers final concert Tuesday, by Joanne Beck
- Countywide school district budget and election results for 2023, by Howard Owens and Joanne Beck
- Theater owner promises live comedy and music in lieu of movies at The Bowery, by Joanne Beck
- New business lets you Take 5 for oil change without leaving your car, by Joanne Beck
- County Republicans to interview pair interested in filling WROTB board of directors post, by Mike Pettinella
- WROTB President seeks to put issues in rearview mirror, praises employees for achieving record revenues, by Mike Pettinella
- Judge rules against Scott Doll in latest appeal of 2010 murder conviction, by Howard Owens
- BREAKING: Genesee County issues emergency declaration banning NYS from moving migrants to county, by Joanne Beck and Howard Owens
- State of Emergency declared to stop immigrants from landing on county's doorstep, by Joanne Beck
- New owners plan family-oriented cafe and play center in Darien, by Chris Butler
- Mortgage tax refunds of nearly $470K expected to be doled out to municipalities, by Joanne Beck
- GCC president pitches $37.3M budget, $50K additional ask from county, by Joanne Beck
- Photo: 4th graders from St. Joe's tour HLOM and International Peace Garden, by Howard Owens
- Zooming in for a 'total' grasp on 2024's eclipse, by Joanne Beck
- Spartans set for tough test at Watertown, looking toward June 17 home opener at GCC's new field, by Mike Pettinella
- Batavia's last champion boxer, Tim Edgerton, dies at age 62, by Howard Owens
Please be sure to sign up for Early Access Pass today.