Whittier Memorial Triples No-Tap at Oak Orchard Bowl in Albion kicks off busy bowling tournament schedule
Genesee Region USBC bowlers have plenty of tournaments to choose from over the next couple months, starting with this weekend’s 9th annual Scott Whittier Triples No-Tap Memorial Tournament at Oak Orchard Bowl in Albion.
The event lists four squads – 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. today and Sunday – and offers at $600 first prize. The entry fee is $75.
Proprietor Randy Hanks reports that today’s squads are nearly full, but there are many openings tomorrow. To enter, call 589-6900.
More information can be found on the Oak Orchard Bowl website – www.oakorchardbowl.com/tournaments.
Other tournaments are as follows:
- Feb. 4-6 – Help-R-Hero’s 4-Person Handicap No-Tap, Le Roy Legion Lanes. Entry fee is $100 per team. First place is $1,000, based on 40 teams. Squad times are 7 p.m. Feb. 4, noon and 3 p.m. Feb. 5 and 2 p.m. Feb. 6. Call 585-409-6459 to enter.
- Feb. 5-6 – GRUSBC Youth Team, Oak Orchard Bowl, Albion. An entry form can be found at www.bowlgr.com.
- Feb. 13 – Super Bowl Handicap Singles, Mancuso Bowling Center, Batavia. Entry fee is $45. One squad at noon. Call 716-474-7960 to enter.
- Feb. 19 – GRUSBC Doubles No-Tap, Mount Morris Lanes. An entry form can be found at www.bowlgr.com.
- Feb. 25-27 – 20th Anniversary Ron Riggi Memorial, Le Roy Legion Lanes. Four-person handicap. Call 585-409-6459 for squad times and availability.
- Feb. 25-27 – 26th Annual Betty Ellison Memorial Strike Out for Crossroads House fundraiser, Mancuso Bowling Center. Squad times are 6 p.m. Feb. 25, 3 and 6 p.m. Feb. 26 and 1 p.m. Feb. 27. Entry fee (five person team) is $125. To enter, call Cindy at 585-993-0584 or Tara at 585-409-0136 or go to www.crossroadshouse.com/upcoming-events.
- Feb. 27 – Tommy Kress 60-and-Over Tour, Brockport Bowl. Qualifying squad at 11 a.m. Entry fee is $50. Walk-in are accepted (registration starts at 10 a.m.).
- March 4-6, 11-13, Bertram Memorial No-Tap, Mount Morris Lanes. Entry fee is $125 for a five-person team. First place is $1,000. To enter, call 585-658-2540.
- March 5 – King & Queen Mixed Doubles Handicap, Mancuso Bowling Center. Entry fee is $50, with a $500 first prize, based on 60 entries. Squad times are noon and 2 p.m. Call 716-474-7960 to enter.