Melted electrical outlet prompts evacuation of Jackson Street apartments
City firefighters are on scene at 111 Jackson St. after a resident there reported the smell of smoke. The resident alerted others in the building and it was evacuated. Command reports finding a melted electrical outlet in an upstairs apartment.
Mercy medics are responding in non-emergency mode for a report of someone with burns.
The location is between Highland Park and Watson Street in the city.
UPDATE 2:25 p.m.: The patient was a sign-off. City fire is back in service.